LTL SHIPPING SERVICES
A shipment is considered to be LTL when it does not fill a standard 48ft or 53ft trailer. Carriers load several LTL shipments into a single truck to service multiple customers and destinations at a time.
LTL shipments are transported via truck freight common carriers and are the most frequent shipments that we arrange. They generally consist of 1 to 6 pallets and range between 100 and 10,000 lbs. For shipments that exceed normal LTL criteria, we can arrange the shipment economically via partial or full truckload freight. LTL shipping rates are calculated by weight, freight mass and distance.
LTL freight is most often palletized or crated. The freight needs to be packaged so that it’s easily moved with a forklift or pallet jack as it will likely be relocated several times throughout the duration of the shipment. LTL freight must be packaged in a way that protects it from damage, and mitigates the risk of it causing damage to other freight.
This method of shipping is the ideal solution if you’re running an e-commerce business or you just need to get smaller shipments to multiple destinations.
BENEFITS OF LTL SHIPPING:
- Cost-Effective: If you aren’t shipping enough freight to constitute a full truckload, or if you need to make multiple deliveries, LTL is much more cost-effective. It’s also much more cost-effective than parcel shipping. By safely consolidating your freight with other freight, you aren’t paying for the shipment of air.
- Pick-up & Delivery Assistance: Pick-up and delivery assistance is especially helpful when it comes to trucking to multiple destinations.|
- Flexibility: Deliver a variety of small and diverse shipments to scattered destinations around the country.
- Speed: In the US, trucking is one of the most efficient means of shipping freight. Also, with LTL, you don’t have to wait until a shipment is large enough to fill a truck before you can start delivering to your clients.
FTL SHIPPING SERVICES
An FTL shipment is a shipment that requires the entire available space of a truck. The common Less Than Truckload (LTL) solution splits the available truck space between multiple products and vendors,
Our Full Truckload (FTL) shipping services can help you take care of any high-capacity, high-volume shipping that needs to be done right the first time. FTL services are ideal for businesses looking to move high value or heavy haul items across long distances, especially in bulk.
FTL shipping is most commonly used for these types of shipments:
- Especially valuable cargo
- Large-volume shipping
- Unbalanced loads
- Freight of exceptional mass
TYPES OF TRUCKS AND SERVICES FOR FTL SHIPMENTS:
Dry Van Trailers are your normal 53 ft. or 48 ft. semi-truck. It is enclosed, not heated or cooled, and has swing doors in the back for loading and unloading freight. A dry van can transport any freight that fits inside the trailer (standard dimensions are 102 in. wide and 110 in. high), or 26-28 standard sized pallets. The typical maximum weight these trailers can scale is 45,000 lbs., but this will vary from carrier to carrier depending on preferences and trailer type.
Flatbed Trailers typically ship items that are large or wide, items that need to be loaded by a crane, or from the side with a forklift. The trailers most commonly used are 48 ft. in length, with a maximum weight limit of 48,000 lbs.
Reefer Trucks are used for shipments of temperature-sensitive goods, whether the items being shipped need to stay warm, cold or frozen. This type of truck is found in both 53′ and 48′ lengths. The typical temperature range in these trailers is from -10° F to 75° F.
Step Deck Trailers or Single Drop Deck is a type of trailer that is similar to a flatbed, but with two deck levels: upper deck and lower deck that drop down after clearing the tractor unit. Generally, step deck trailers can haul taller loads than flatbed trailers and often have ramps for unloading.
Double Drop Trailers are used mainly for over sized freight. The lower deck height, lets you load products that are taller then 10′ tall. There are two types of double drop trailers, conventional or fixed neck, and removable goose neck.
Tanker Trucks or Tank Trucks are motor vehicles designed to carry liquefied loads, dry bulk cargo, or gases on roads. The largest such vehicles are similar to railroad tank cars which are also designed to carry liquefied loads. Many variants exist due to the wide variety of liquids that can be transported. Tank trucks tend to be large; they may be insulated or non-insulated; pressurized or non-pressurized; and designed for single or multiple loads (often by means of internal divisions in their tank). Tanker trucks are described by their size or volume capacity. Large tanker trucks typically have capacities ranging from 5,500 to 11,600 US gallons and smaller tanker trucks typically have a maximum capacity of 3,000 US gallons.
BENEFITS OF FTL SHIPPING:
- The Top Choice for Large Shipments: Keep available space exclusive to you and your business with our trucking services. Our team knows what permits you’ll need and what equipment you’ll require to move your extraordinarily large or heavy load to where it needs to go in as little time as possible.
- Perfect for High-Risk & Fragile Shipments: Because of the time and care put into each shipment and the unique machinery required for FTL, your goods are safer across longer distances than if they were transported via a standard LTL shipment.
- Shipment Stays in One Truck from Point A to Point B: There’s no switching and no repacking, your load moves from the source all the way to the destination without changing hands or housing. Once your shipment is fully packed, it won’t move until it’s unpacked.
- Faster than LTL: Because there’s no switching hands and preparation, your freight moves incredibly fast to its destination. Fast, reliable shipments are great for answering to unusually high demand when shipping is down to the wire.
When you have an urgent or time-critical shipment, we can help. Our Expedited Services will ensure your time-sensitive shipments receive the best service and support. By developing strategic alliances with the best expedite carriers.
GROUND EXPEDITED SERVICES WE OFFER:
Pick-up & Delivery Assistance: Pick-up and delivery assistance is especially helpful when it comes to trucking to multiple destinations.Flexibility: Deliver a variety of small and diverse shipments to scattered destinations around the country.
- Cargo Van
- Straight Truck
- Hot Shot
- Dry Van
Regardless of the type of truck needed, we will find the best rate and get the shipment picked up and delivered on time.